Fri, Mar 27|
NASW Georgia Chapter Office
Social Work Month: Mentoring Relationships – Best Practices Identified and Discussed
This workshop shares ways in which participants can utilize various mentor relationships to complement student learning and understanding of how to assess mentee needs particularly among groups who have been oppressed and/or marginalized.
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2020, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
NASW Georgia Chapter Office, 2300 Henderson Mill Rd, Atlanta, GA 30345, USA
About the Event
Date: March 27, 2020
Title of Program: Mentoring Relationships – Best Practices Identified and Discussed
Presenter: Kenya Jones
Venue: 2300 Henderson Mill Road NE Suite 125 Atlanta, Georgia 30345
CE Hours: 1 Core
Brief Description: This workshop shares ways in which participants can utilize various mentor relationships to complement student learning and understanding of how to assess mentee needs particularly among groups who have been oppressed and/or marginalized.
1. Participants will learn the importance of mentor relationships as well as identify various mentor roles.
2. Participants will discuss the impact of transference and counter-transference on mentor relationships.
3. Participants will learn about how to incorporate their mentor/mentee experiences into their expertise within various micro, mezzo, and macro practices through innovative practical examples.
Bio: Dr. Kenya C. Jones is an Associate Professor at Clark Atlanta University where she teaches in the Master of Social Work Program. Her research agenda consists of publications and presentations on mentoring relationships with students and various teaching approaches in classrooms.
Check payments are accepted. Make check payable to – NASWGA Chapter. On the memo line of check - Name of program and date. Mail payment to NASWGA Chapter, 2300 Henderson Road, NE STE 125, Atlanta, GA 30345
Written requests for refunds must be sent to email@example.com
(In Subject Box Write - “Workshop Refund Request”)
Refunds will be issued following a written receipt of a Refund Request according to the following schedule:
1. For cancellation requests received 14 business days prior to the workshop: You will receive a 75% refund of your registration fee.
2. For Cancellation requests received 10 business days prior to the workshop: You will receive a 50% refund of your registration fee.
3. NO refunds will be issued for any reason: 7 business days prior to the scheduled workshop.
4. NASWGA regrets that refunds will not be given for “no-shows.”
43030- Member (SWM5)
43030- Non-Member (SWM5)