Time & Location
About the Event
Date: May 19, 2020
Title of Program: Chronic Sorrow
Presenter: Moshe R. Manheim LCSW
CE Hours: 2 Core
Time: Start instruction at 9 am - 11 am
Registration: Will open May 4, 2020, and close May 18, 2020. After registration has closed. We will send the webinar link and supporting documents.
Overview: “Chronic Sorrow” was introduced by Simon Olshansky in his seminal 1962 article describing his experience working with parents with children with developmental disabilities. The concept was expanded upon in Susan Roos’ 2002 book of the same name in her journey coping with a child with a disability.
This 2-hour workshop will discuss:
- the principles of how Olshansky and Roos define “Chronic Sorrow”
- how to assess for Chronic Sorrow,
- the challenges to professionals working with these families and its impact on marriage and family
- review different models of coping with “Chronic Sorrow.”
- how attachment theory impacts these families
- a comparison and contrasting of Chronic Sorrow with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Bio: Moshe Manheim LCSW has worked with children with special needs and their families for most of his 40 year in both in-patient and out-patient settings. He worked at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and The Marcus Autism Center for 25 years, served on Emory University’s Child Psychiatry faculty, is the current chair of the NASW GA’s Chapter Ethics Committee and is now in private practice.
We are only accepting electronic payments.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to email@example.com
(In Subject Box Write - “Workshop Refund Request”)
Refunds will be issued following a written receipt of a Refund Request according to the following schedule:
1. For cancellation requests received 14 business days prior to the workshop: You will receive a 75% refund of your registration fee.
2. For Cancellation requests received 10 business days prior to the workshop: You will receive a 50% refund of your registration fee.
3. NO refunds will be issued for any reason: 7 business days prior to the scheduled workshop.
4. NASWGA regrets that refunds will not be given for “no-shows.”
- Sold OutNASWGA Member$10$100$0
- Sold OutNon-Member$15$150$0