2021 Social Work Advocacy Day
Time & Location
About the Event
Continuing Education (CE) 3 Core Hours
Fee: Students Free | Social Work Professionals: $5.00
Registration Opens March 5, 2021Understanding the Political process is extremely important to the social work profession because it is often through the political process, that social workers help bring forth and facilitate change that is beneficial to their clients, community, and the profession. The National Association of Social Workers and the National Association of Social Workers-Georgia Chapter recognizes and supports Political Advocacy and the Lawful Political Involvement of Social Workers and Social Work Students!
Each year the NASWGA promotes and hosts Social Work Advocacy Day to honor the core value of Social Justice. Social Work Advocacy Day is significant for three reasons:
- Social Work Advocacy Day makes social workers, social work students and faculty more aware of the legacy of responsibility Social Workers share in being advocates for social justice while motivating and equipping them to be advocates for social change;
- Social workers, social work students, and faculty are exposed to and informed of the current state as well as national emerging political and social issues which impact the social work profession and those they serve; and
- Social work practitioners, social work students, and faculty have an opportunity to perceive first hand – an understanding of state government and the political process; thereby, learning how to employ the method of social justice advocacy.
- Social Work Students$0$00$0
- Social Work Professionals$5$50$0