2019 NASWGA Annual State Conference
Time & Location
About the Event
Registration is Closed.
Conference Date: Friday, October 18, 2019, to Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Venue: Hilton Atlanta Marietta Hotel & Conference Center | 500 Powder Springs Street, Marietta, GA 30064-3523
Theme: Elevate Social Work
This year’s theme is Elevate Social Work. Social workers are trained to examine and address life’s problems in a holistic way. They elevate and empower people, giving them the ability to solve problems, cope with personal roadblocks and get the resources they need to succeed. Social workers also bring together individuals with other people, their communities, local and state government, and agencies to address wider problems in our society.
For more informtaion on the NASWGA Annual State Conference, presenters, and vendor information please visit below link.
Keynote and Plenary Speakers
Friday, October 18, 2019
- Keynote Address: Plenary Address: Kathleen Conley Wehrmann, Ph.D., LCSW, NASW President -The Future of Social Work: What Are Our Roles?
- Legislative Address: Wendi L. Clifton, Esq., Legislative Advocate-Legislative Advocacy Update:
- Luncheon Plenary Address: Adrian D. Anderson, Ph.D., LCSW -Reflecting on Ghana from an African American Male, Social Work Perspective
Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Keynote Address: Irene McClatchey, Ph.D., LCSW- "'Dear Dad, I Hate You. Love, Ashley’–Working with Traumatically Bereaved Children and Teens.”
- Professional Practice Address: Amy Potter, LMSW-Medical Social Work: Taking Care of the Whole Patient
- Luncheon Plenary Address: Marcy Mistrett, CEO Juvenile Justice -Raising the Age of Juvenile Court Jurisdiction
Sunday, October 20, 2019
- Sunday is Only 5 CE Hours of Ethics
To Register by Mail please Mail in the Annual Conference Mail in Registration form (found on Annual Conference Registration page) with payment to NASWGA Office 2300 Henderson Mill Rd Ste 125 Atlanta, GA, 30345.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued no later than 45 days following receipt of a request and will follow the schedule below:
1. For cancellation request received before August 30, 2019 at 2 p.m.: You will receive a 75% refund of your registration fee.
2. For Cancellation requests received after August 30, 2019 2 p.m. – September 27, 2019 at 2 p.m.: You will receive a 50% refund of your registration fee.
3. After September 27, 2019 at 2 p.m.: NO refunds will be issued for any reason.
4. NASWGA regrets that refunds will not be given for “no-shows.”
Conference Hotel Registration:
Venue: Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center 500 Powder Spring Street Marietta, GA 30064
Hotel Registration Link (click on link): https://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/A/ATLMAHF-NASW19-20191016/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
Group Name: NASW 2019 Annual Meeting
Group Code: NASW19
Hotel Address: 500 Powder Springs St, Marietta, Georgia 30064
Phone Number: 678-819-3217
Hilton Guests: Contact your host hotel sales representative directly for any issues concerning your HiltonLink.
All Hilton Agents: Please submit a revision request for all link edits. All revisions are to be submitted via Content Gateway. Login to the Lobby (https://lobby.hilton.com/). Under My Applications! click on "HiltonLink (formerly POG)" and then on the next page click on "HiltonLink". Then click on the second block "Revise a HiltonLink Web Page" and that will take you to the revision form.