|Children & Families Resources
- ADD Resources Resources plus links to ADHD-related websites
- The AGS Foundation for Health in Aging (FHA) National organization that aims to build a bridge between the research and practice of geriatrics and the public, and to advocate for older adults and their special health care needs
- ChildAdvocates E-magazine for child advocates
- Child Trends Organization that studies children, youth, and families through research, data collection, and data analysis
- Child Welfare NET Barton Child Law & Policy Clinic at Emory University School of Law; features comprehensive information on child advocacy initiatives and research in Georgia and Links to resources of interest for protecting children
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Child Protection Center Provides forensic medical evaluations and conducts interviews of suspected victims of child abuse throughout Georgia
- Coalition on Human Needs Information on foster care & adoption issues
- CSRA Area Agency on Aging One of the state's 12 Area Agencies on Aging, a division of the CSRA Regional Development Center. Serves senior citizens and caregivers in 14 counties: Richmond, Columbia, Burke Glascock, Hancock, Jefferson, Jenkins, Lincoln, McDuffie, Screven, Taliaferro, Warren, Washington, and Wilkes. The Area Agency on Aging serves as your gateway to community resources.
- Family Connection Partnership Statewide network of 148 communities who made a commitment to improve results for children and families in Georgia. Site provides web links relating to healthy children, strong families, and school readiness. KIDS COUNT, a project of the Annie E. Casey Foundation, is a national and state-by-state effort to track the status of children in the US. Online access to the annual KIDS COUNT Data Book, which measures the educational, social, economic, and physical well-being of children and provides an interactive online database to view state profiles, graphs, maps, and rankings, and download raw data.
- Future of Children Published twice annually by the David and Lucille Packard Foundation with the primary purpose of disseminating timely information on major issues related to children’s well-being
- Georgia Association of Homes & Services for Children Information includes Referral Central (matching children with services from 300 Georgia agencies), nonprofit Georgia database, Child Welfare Reform updates, Education Task Force updates, and web links of child welfare related sites
- KidNeeds Resource and marketplace serving families of children with special needs
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare promotes cross-system partnerships in child welfare, substance abuse treatment, and court systems by offering professionals free on-line tutorials to enhance understanding of each area required for effective collaboration.
- National Foundation for Abused and Neglected Children Child abuse prevention and web links to child welfare related sites
- Research Forum on Children, Families & the New Federalism Collaborative research and informed policy on welfare reform and child well-being, and database of summaries of large- and small-scale (reviewed and unreviewed) research projects
- Resouces for Families Affected by Substance Abuse: http://helpingfamiliesaffectedbysubstanceabuseandaddiction.yolasite.com/free-resources.php
- UNICEF United Nations Childrens Fund
Links are provided for informational purposes only. NASW-GA does not monitor accuracy or contents of these sites.
Please advise if you find a site that is no longer in operation. We welcome your suggestions for additional links.